New Rating System

I used to be a firm believer that film should always be rated on a four-star basis, but, honestly it's not worth it to have nine different sets of star graphics for the blog here, so we've instituted a new rating system that runs across the board (I'll have to go back and adjust the rating guide accordingly.)

Here's the quick run down, although the wacky graphics probably are decent enough indicators on their own:











I like to think that this might be pretty self explanatory.











2-2.5 tends to be mostly reserved for fans (music) are hardcore completionists (everything else) who absolutely have to watch, absorb, and then be able to reference everything in the history of time. Not recommended except in some cases of being bad, but somewhat interesting to see/hear for the experience alone.












As a general rule, I like more things than I hate, so 3-3.5 is where the good stuff kicks in. From 3, which is usually worth a spin or a viewing to 3.5 which boarders on "damn good" territory.










Again, these are the things you should be hitting the refresh button on the piratebay every few hours to see if they've leaked yet and buying a retail copy (or two) the second they hit the shelves (or the in case of my old-ass anime reviews, hop in your car and go pick up a box set asap.)






Once a year,
maybe, something comes out that is too impossibly good for words. Just crazy retarded excellent in every possible way.

I am making an active effort to take some of the mystique out of five-bombs, though. I get tired of them being reserved excluslvly for Akira or Beatles and Dylan albums. Believe it or not, "perfect" albums have been released since the 1960s. I'm all for classics worship, but, hey, it's a modern world and eventually I've got to beleive that not everything new that comes out is crap.


aaaand there you have it. We now have a unified system. All hail big brother. All hail west texas. Cheers.

0 comments: