Memories :: Apologies :: Cartography

Apologies for the lack of content as of late. It seems sometimes that my efforts here are forever doomed to come in fits and starts, though, this time I had a reasonable excuse. My father passed away a few weeks ago after years of dealing with complications from an experimental stem cell cancer treatment. The treatment itself worked perfectly in wiping out the cancer, but left him with a very sever case of host vs. graft disease.

After all the services and running around I spent about a week playing old Final Fantasy games and refusing to leave my apartment, wearing his t-shirts, and crying into my vodka (dealing with things has never been a strong suit of mine.)

We spent some time sort of estranged through my early 20s, but in the past year we’d gotten very close again and spent most every Monday for six months hanging out together and going for beers at our favorite microbrewery in town.

I also had some time to think about the blog here, as I started finding anime a taxing subject when I didn’t have other things to interject into it occasionally. I think in the process of posting more I lost sight of what my original intention was. There are a thousand anime blogs around that can all cover news, brand new series which are only available in fan-sub format, and the stuff all the fanboys crave. Personally, reading the anime news network’s posts, I only care about every one in forty stories, and my intention was to present anime as it fits into regular culture, as opposed to specifically covering anime culture, which is it’s own brightly-colored animal. So, starting immediately Oh Tetsuo! will be changing formats from an anime blog to a media blog with a heavy emphasis on anime. I’ll also be covering music, movies, gadgets, hamburgers, and M. Wards hair.

0 comments: